Due to kick things off tomorrow, this year’s Burgham International Horse Trials has received its biggest and most impressive set of entries to date.
Whilst the event may be closed to the public this year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, seeing the prestigious event able to go ahead is a welcomed relief for equestrians across the country, who will still be able to watch their favourite riders in action via the H&C+ livestream.
Making its debut this year, the H&C+ livestream will provide exclusive coverage of Saturday’s and Sunday’s CCI4*-S feature classes, which are set to see a number of equestrian sporting megastars compete, including:
- Current World Champions, Ros Canter and Allstar B
- 2018 Badminton CCI5* winners, Jonelle Price and Classic Moet
- 2017 Burghley CCI5* winners, Oliver Townend and Ballaghmor Class
- Last year’s Pau CCI5* winners and World Equestrian Games team gold medallists, Tom McEwen and Toledo de Kerser
- 2018 Burghley CCI5* winners, Tim Price and Ringwood Sky Boy
- The winners of last year’s CCI4*-L events at Blenheim, Boekelo, Blair Castle, Bramham and Strzegom
- William Fox-Pitt’s top two rides, Little Fire and Oratio II
- Nicola Wilson’s team gold and individual bronze medallist, Bulana
- 2017 Burgham CCI4*-S winner, Laura Collett’s Mr Bass
… to mention only a few!
Following a record number of entries, event organisers have decided to add extra days to the event in order to see all qualifying riders accommodated, so the Burgham International Horse Trials will now be running from 19th-23rd August 2020.
Burgham International Horse Trials Event Director, Martyn Johnson, said:
“It’s a real shame that we can’t welcome the public to Burgham this year. It’s going to be a fantastic event, and the incredible quality of the entries proves just how popular Burgham is with the best riders in the world. However, we are delighted to be partnering with H&C+ so that people can see the thrilling competition on display on Saturday and Sunday. It will also be available to watch on demand after the event.”
Follow @burghamht on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date with the latest developments over the course of the event, and tune in to watch on Saturday and Sunday on the H&C+ website.